Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Restoring an old family Bible

Hi there lovelies, 

Today I am sharing with you a little restoration project. My dad gave me this old Bible that belonged to my grandmother on my mother's side. It is over 100 years old. 

I really loved this project. I used elements from my stash that I have saved for a long time. Sometimes it is time to just use it up and give it a permanent home. 

Decorating this Bible, instead of just letting it gather dust on a bookshelf, was such a labour of love for me. I carry both my grandmothers' names and so honouring the faith they proclaimed and the love they had for God's Word, is important to me. 

I used a variety of items. Some chipboard pieces I decorated with gold ink and glitter. I used paper to cover the front cover. I added a ribbon between the two layers of paper so I can keep everything together with a little bow. 




This Bible now has a place of honour in my little display cupboard safely tucked behind glass with all my other treasures like the communion glasses we used at our wedding ceremony. 

'Till next time




No comments: