Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Creative Process and Mood-board Flip-through

The Creative process

Hi there #Creativegirls and #Paperlovers,

Today I posted a video over on the Ivytree Studio Youtube channel about the creative process for anyone who wants 
to be creative or grow creatively. I also shared my mood-board flip-through of the first challenge we had over in 
the CLUB.

So, if you haven't joined up yet, you can still do so by visiting our website and following the steps outlined for
you there. Click here to go to the website.



You can watch the video where I talk about the Creative Process and give you a flip through of my mood board here:



Some more close-ups of my mood board:






















STEP BY STEP:

Here is my step by step for the textured background I created...I am after all a 
Mixed Media Artist, so I need to add some paint to my projects. 






That was the messy bit. Now for the paper elements. 
I cut the elements I liked from the Leef Magazine
I glued it to white cardstock to make my elements more sturdy and "Scrapbook"-like. 

Next I started creating my flips and adhered them to the base with double sided tape. 
I didn't follow any specific pattern.
I let the project lead me to where it wanted to go. That was the most fun part. 




MATERIALS USED IN THIS PROJECT:

My base for the mixed media textured layer: a sheet of A4 craft paper
My base for the magazine elements: 160gsm white cardstock
My base for the mood board: 240 gsm white cardstock and A4 chipboard sheet
Magazine cuts from the Leef Magazine 
Adhesives: Craft glue, Pritt Stick and double-sided tape
Art product:
Nuvo crystal drops (variety); Craft paint (Americana and Dala); Gesso (Dala)
Vegas gold All purpose ink
Washi tape
Organza ribbon

In the end, it felt more like a mini little "scrapbook" but it is still my version
of a mood board. A little bit of me in layers.  

 

So how would you interpret a mood-board and what would it look like?
Use the elements you have around you. Grab a glue stick and your scissors and get creative!

Don't forget to visit the website to join the club. 
See you there!

'Till next time!



Visit Ivytree Studio to see more of what we are up to: www.ivytreestudio.co.za
Buy some of our pretty paper here
Connect with the team on our Facebook page here.
Share your Ivytree Studio layouts with us here
Join our #CreativeGirlPrint&PlayClub here
Watch our Youtube channel here.

No comments: